- The Open Door Community Center is a Dakotas Conference Mission Project of the United Methodist Church.
- The Open Door was established in 1976 to serve families living in the Jeanette Myhre Elementary School area of Bismarck, with special focus on assisting families in economic need. Over the years, the Open Door has provided a variety of services that address the changing needs of the community.
- In 2018 Open Door relocated to the lower level of McCabe UMC - south of the ND state capital. We continue our special focus on assisting families in economic needs through our preschool and supportive services.
- The Open Door is incorporated as a 501(c)(3) non-profit.
- The Open Door is governed by a volunteer board of directors representing McCabe, Legacy, and Calvary United Methodist Churches of Bismarck; Mandan United Methodist Church of Mandan; members at large; parent representatives; and a representative of Dakotas Conference District Superintendent.
- The Open Door accepts Child Care Assistance Program payments for eligible families.